Monday, November 5, 2007

Entry Number 14

A wonderful book

I read a book when I was at secondary school I have always complained about having to read something that the teachers ask you to read. With this book was different after I read it I thought how can a person write such a wonderful story. A Brazilian writer wrote this book and it is called “Mi Planta de Naranja Lima”, the book is about the life of a little child who suffered a lot. The boy had to take care of their brothers since his mother had to work to support them. What makes the story so interesting is the child’ imagination, he spent the whole daydreaming and imagining things in their backyard where he had his precious tree. I do not remember the story very well but I remember enjoying lot reading it, I did not feel that it was a assignment, I think it was the first time that something like that happened to me because I do not like reading very much.
The story is based on the author’ life as a child his family was very poor during his childhood what makes him wander in the streets everyday and meet different kinds of people. The book is meant to relate these experiences, what I think it makes this a wonderful book. You can compare what was his life like with many children who have to suffer the same hardships. Even though this child has to grow up faster than others do he preservers his innocence and imagination characteristic of a child.

No comments: