When you are a child, it is easier to believe
When I was a child, I used to believe in different things for example the Three Wise Men. I remember placing a plate with water and another one with grass in front of my door for the camels to drink. Another custom that we had was that of polishing our best pair of shoes the night before and place them near the Christmas tree. These things were made in order to wait for the Three Wise Men, for them to know that there were kids in that house. The night of the January 5th was so special that it was very difficult to sleep until daylight. I remember that no matter how hard we tried we could not remain awake to see those magical men. Such was the excitement that we remained awake until late hours in the night waiting to hear some noise that can tell us that they had arrived but we were so tired from the day before that it was impossible. I do not remember how exactly happened but one day I new that the Three Wise Men were actually my parents. Maybe when I grew older and my siblings were still little children and was difficult to keep lying to all of us. I was told the truth very slowly in order not to disturb my mind or my brother’s; I think in that way was easier for me. Now when I think about that I only remember the excitement and the happiness that provoked on me the sensation of being visited by people who appear magically only one night and brought me presents.
Monday, November 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment