Monday, November 5, 2007

Entry Number 13

The most memorable summer

When I was nine years old I traveled to Mar del Plata, it was the first and the only time that I saw the sea. That summer my parents had decided to send me and my sister to summer camp, the unusual thing was that we had to travel to Buenos Aires without them, accompanied by a lot of strange kids who were from different provinces. We stayed there for two weeks, during that time I had to learn to do many things on my own. I even did not know how to comb my hair so I used it lose, I did not know how to wash my clothes but I did my best.
The morning started with the sound of a trumpet we used to sleep in a tent with all the girls and in another, one slept the boys. We had few minutes to wash our faces and prepare for breakfast. It was as if we were in the army but it was fun. We used to play different games and go to the pool; the thing that I found more entertaining was going to the beach. In order to get there we had to cross a wheat field, which was enormous, it was very difficult for me to look over it. I remember the first time that I heard the sound of the sea I could not compare it with any other sound that I new.
That summer not only did I enjoy a lot but also I learnt how to take care of me I think I grew up that summer. I did not had the chance to do a trip like that anymore but I think that now that I am older I will miss my family more than I did that time.

No comments: