MY OLD HOUSE
I used to live in a small neighborhood that was far from the city. We only stayed there until I was ten, and we moved to a new house closer to the city. At first, I missed a lot my former house but as years passed, I got accustomed to the place where I live and my new neighbors.
What I really want to write about is how I remember that place; the most memorable smell is that of wet ground in summer and the smell of lemon tree flowers on spring. The grass on the front yard felt like a cushion, it was very soft and you could lay on it. Me, my brother and sisters used to play there all day and on summer and a swimming pool was settled there.
This small house was near the mountains and you could see them and go there whenever you wanted. Before reaching the mountains, there was a river, which usually was dried, but when there was rain you could take a bath in it.
I loved that house and although I like the one where I live now I always remember how happy we were there. Sometimes I dream that we own the two houses and we come back to the old one and to have a great time as before. Maybe this happens because of the good memories I have or maybe because I wish I be a child again.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment